Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

These forced breaks

It’s Fri morning and this week has been hectic, with 5-6 hours of official meetings on some days. On an ordinary Friday, I will be working extra hard in office to wind up things, so that I have a cleaner list of TODOs on a Monday. And on top of that I have a piling list of my personal things to do, which I had moved to today.

But The Creator had a different plan for me today. I have a sore throat and slight fever, so there is a forced break for me. :-(

Initially I was a bit upset, as this requires complete re-planning. I dropped a mail to my team and moved all my appointments to Mon. There were some important personal things to be done on Sat. I delegated that to a friend, and I know it will be taken care of.

I took some medicines and I know it will take care of the sore throat. In-spite of the fever, I took a hot shower, had a 10 mins meditation, and had a cup of sugar-less black coffee. All appointments are moved and there is nothing pressing now. I will be alone for 5-6 hours before my wife comes in the evening from her office.

Now, I am free like a bird. Free to fly in the realm of imagination and dreams. Finding such a free time, when you can be in the zero state of mind is priceless. And it’s difficult to plan for it. But The Creator knows when it’s required for a soul to get this break. And here it is ! :-)

I feel happy, and contended, as I understand the plan of The Creator. And this gave me an opportunity to be with myself, think, dream, plan, re-plan and jot down this blog.

Have you had such thoughts ?

Mahtab Syed
11:21am May 16 2008

3 comments:

Miraz Khan said...

Absolutely. You never know what's in store for you until it really arrives. That's why He is He and we are we. The most important thing is to find happiness in everything. You see, you were down with fever and sore throat; stressed with all the ToDos for today and Monday and yet you are happy now. Probably that's what He had planned for you. Everything happens for a reason. We may not understand it right at the moment, but later we'll appreciate it when we realize it. Be happy and recuperar pronto!

Mahtab Syed said...

Correct Miraz bhai.
Who will know it better than you. You were down with a femur fracture at one of the most important juncture in your life.

Yet you had the willpower and spirit to fight back, maintaining your cool. And now things are all falling well in place. Commendable ! :-)

evana said...

Being in the same boat as you all, I too feel the same. Everything is being planned by the Almighty. Whenever something goes astray, we should never loose faith in Him. He is always there with you with everything being right at the right moment. It's just a matter of waiting patiently for infinitesimal time out of your whole lifetime, just like a tiny drop of water out of the vast ocean. Isn't THIS BELIEF enough to keep you happy?

Of course, YES!! Don't lose hope and trust. TAKE LIFE AS IT COMES.