Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Living without Internet for a week !

Back  to main page
Let me admit that I am a gadget freak and a geek. Internet is the heart beat of my geek body.
I use Internet for many things like using a dictionary, GPS maps, shopping notes, and all the information I need is in cloud, accessible from anywhere. But how to live when there is not Internet connection, no Smart phone, no PC !

Since I am hooked to Internet, for more for more than decade now, this was the first 1 week of my life without Internet. I even had no Internet connection in office as my Office account was not transferred from Bangalore to Paris.

My son watches his videos in youtube and he could not understand that the PC is up but there is no youtube. :-)

My Relocation agency was supposed to help me on this. But after the apartment deal she just disappeared. Not reachable on phone or email. I have still not understood why ? :-) I will get the answer one day !

I was actually feeling sorry for the state of affairs. And this I had not imagined. I knew that I had to take an ADSL connection which is bundled very high speed Internet, TV, landline connection. And this takes quite a while to come, after you apply. And how can I apply when I have no Internet ! Paradox of life :-) There are no counters in malls for the ADSL connection I was looking for. It can only be applied via Internet !

So I realized the first step, is that I take a cell phone connection with 3G which I can use further to apply for the ADSL connection...
Back to main page

No comments: